Below are several easy ways to obtain funding resources for a Mr. Blue Shoes performance.
Texas Commission on the Arts
By far the easiest grant you could ever ask for is the TCA grant. Of the schools that applied for this grant, 100% received awards!!
The process consists of filling out a two page online form and submitting it within the quarterly deadline to best suit when the money will be needed for our program. Because “Mr .Blue Shoes” is on the TCA Touring Artist Roster, TCA makes available grant funding for Touring Roster artists.
Watch the above video to see just how easy the TCA grant can be to complete, then follow the instructions below!!
It’s a simple four-step process:
- You will need to contact them directly to apply.(512) 463-5535or toll-free (800) 252-9415 to obtain a login and password
- Review the requirements for the Arts Respond Performance Supportapplication
- Logon on the TCA Website and complete the two page online form
- Complete the online form
Quarterly DeadlineFor activities occurring by:
August 1September 1 – December 14
November 1December 15 – March 14
February 1March 15 – June 14
May 1June 15 – August 31
Dallas Arts Partners / Big Thought
If you are a Dallas ISD School, Dallas Arts Partners / Big Thought will cover the entire cost of our program. Visit us on the Dallas Arts Partners website to book now.
Target Stores Grants
Target stores donate up to $3 million a week to schools across the US to provide grants to k-12 schools and other non-profit organizations to bring art and cultural experiences into schools. Art, Culture + Design in Schools Grants are $2,000. Grant applications are typically accepted between March 1 and April 30 each year, with grant notifications delivered in September.
The Target grant process is simple:
- Set up a login and password
- Click on the “New Applicant”link
- Complete the online form – Note, you can save your application and return to it later if you are unable to complete at one setting
- Make contact with your local Target Store and let the store manager know you have applied for a grant.
- Invite the target store manager and employees to help with the program
Cartridges for Kids ®
CFK (Cartridges for Kids®) is a recycling program sponsored by Waste Management that pays schools and non-profit organizations cash for cell phones, empty laser and inkjet cartridges, laptops, iPods®, PDAs, video games & consoles, scientific graphing calculators, digital cameras, DVDs, GPS devices and iPads®/tablets/eReaders.
The process of enrolling is simple, and their program is a well oiled machine!! They have posters and flyers, coaching tools and resources on how to engage businesses to participate. The numbers add up fast if you can get the entire school and local businesses to participate. We have already had schools pay for the program with CFK money!!
It’s a simple process: